Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Send A System Alert to a User

Send A System Alert to a User

Kenneth Keeley

Hi,
We are creating an online help desk package for our staff intranet site.
We would like to have a popup message (like you get when you print to a
network printer) sent to the IT support staff when a user submits a new help
desk problem. can this be done with ASP.net and if so could somebody show me
a small sample of how to do it.

Thanks
Kenneth

Matt J

Could you just have an email generated when a ticket is submitted as a
trigger? Then the user would get an email and some sort of notification
built into outlook, etc..

Kenneth Keeley

We don't use outlook for our email and we don't wish to have the IT Staff
Logging into there email on every machine that they are working on. However
we thought that if we could just send a popup message to the user it would
not matter where they are, They would at least be notified that a new
problem has been submitted. They could then choose to check the helpdesk via
the intranet site so as to deal with the problem in there own time.

Kenenth

"Matt J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Could you just have an email generated when a ticket is submitted as a
> trigger? Then the user would get an email and some sort of notification
> built into outlook, etc..

Matt J

I think you would need to have some sort of database watch program that
would then send some sort of net send message. That would be the only
way I can think of without programming sort of client / server app
using java (similar to the livehelpdesk's you can find on the web)