Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disabling extensions

Disabling extensions

Tony Raven

After a recent automatic update to extensions FF is not playing ball and
won't fully load a lot of the time. I can start it in Safe Mode fine
with all the extensions disabled but in full mode it doesn't get far
enough to access the extensions before it freezes. So I can't disable
them all and switch them back on one by one to find the problem one. I
don't want to uninstall them all as that will be a right pain finding
and reinstalling them all. So is there a way to disable the extensions
outside of running FF?

Tony

Doug G

Tony Raven wrote:

> After a recent automatic update to extensions FF is not playing ball and
> won't fully load a lot of the time. I can start it in Safe Mode fine
> with all the extensions disabled but in full mode it doesn't get far
> enough to access the extensions before it freezes. So I can't disable
> them all and switch them back on one by one to find the problem one. I
> don't want to uninstall them all as that will be a right pain finding
> and reinstalling them all. So is there a way to disable the extensions
> outside of running FF?
>
> Tony

I've disabled some extensions by renaming their jar files in my
profile's Chrome folder. One jar file I renamed caused all of Firefox's
toolbars to disappear.

mike555

Tony Raven wrote:
> After a recent automatic update to extensions FF is not playing ball

and
> won't fully load a lot of the time. I can start it in Safe Mode fine

> with all the extensions disabled but in full mode it doesn't get far
> enough to access the extensions before it freezes. So I can't

disable
> them all and switch them back on one by one to find the problem one.

> don't want to uninstall them all as that will be a right pain finding

> and reinstalling them all. So is there a way to disable the

extensions
> outside of running FF?
>
> Tony

=== my Firefox messed up also after allowing "User Agent Switcher" to
update automatically....... (everyone should uninstall older versions
of this one first)
if you have this ext. and are having problems maybe you should
uninstall it from safe mode and then restart firefox normally , if it
works you can then reinstall ver. .6.5 without trouble====