Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Wont load why not?

Wont load why not?

The One

I click on Firebox little hourglass spins then..................... nothing.
Sub standard amateurish tosh.

Why not?

No-one seems to have an answer.

mike555

=====A bit more info would be nice, what operating system? XP? but I'm
guessing you click on the Firefox icon and it doesn't open.......
that's a conflict with your profile, probably a ext. , try starting it
in safe mode , you know clicking start, programs,mozilla firefox safe
start....... if you don't have that option, just make a new profile, by
closing firefox (if it's open) clicking on start, run, and typing...

firefox.exe -profilemanager ... that will start the wizard ,
follow it and create a new profile to use, then start firefox (using
that new profile) and then reinstall your extensions, but you should
read the forums first, because there are some ext.'s that are not
updated yet and crash Firefox 1.0.3 =====

Ed Mullen

mike555 wrote:

> =====A bit more info would be nice, what operating system? XP? but I'm
> guessing you click on the Firefox icon and it doesn't open.......
> that's a conflict with your profile, probably a ext. , try starting it
> in safe mode , you know clicking start, programs,mozilla firefox safe
> start....... if you don't have that option, just make a new profile, by
> closing firefox (if it's open) clicking on start, run, and typing...
>
> firefox.exe -profilemanager ... that will start the wizard ,
> follow it and create a new profile to use, then start firefox (using
> that new profile) and then reinstall your extensions, but you should
> read the forums first, because there are some ext.'s that are not
> updated yet and crash Firefox 1.0.3 =====

Mike, it's a troll. Look through the other earlier posts. My
suggestion is that everyone simply ignore anything this thing's posts
here. Do not encourage it by responding to it. Like any parasitic
pest, deprived of its blood supply it will die and be no more.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

John Thompson

On 2005-04-23, The One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I click on Firebox little hourglass spins then..................... nothing.
> Sub standard amateurish tosh.
>
> Why not?
>
> No-one seems to have an answer.

I think it has been answered several times, but I'll try again. Given the
fact that so many other people do not have the problem there is a high
probability that the issue is not FireFox but something with your system.

Since you seem so enamored with IE, why don't you just stay with that?

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Wayne

John Thompson wrote:
> On 2005-04-23, The One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I click on Firebox little hourglass spins then..................... nothing.
>>Sub standard amateurish tosh.
>>
>>Why not?
>>
>>No-one seems to have an answer.

> I think it has been answered several times, but I'll try again. Given the
> fact that so many other people do not have the problem there is a high
> probability that the issue is not FireFox but something with your system.
>
> Since you seem so enamored with IE, why don't you just stay with that?

Oh yes; The ONE !!! Bill Gates Wannabe..? Clearly you're not into this
Mozilla shite. So why bother with it? In fact, why hang out here? try
alt.fan.Microsoft or some other such place...

--
Wayne

http://www.musicblab.com