Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Loading problems with 1.0.3

toedipper

Hello,

Firefox 1.0.3 and Win XP SP2

Have been a user for a long time from beta days.

A day or so ago I upgraded to 1.0.3 via the auto download service.

Now I have a big problem. Whenever Firefox is not open and when I try to
open Firefox it either

1. Doesn't open at all,

or

2. A dialog box pops up asking for which profile to use as it is already
open.

To get past either I have to ctrl alt del to task manager and kill the
process firefox.exe

Not the end of the world but a real pain in the ar*e.

Did not happen before 1.0.3

Any ideas or just a bug?

td.

someone

> Hello,
>

> Firefox 1.0.3 and Win XP SP2
>

> Have been a user for a long time from beta days.
>
> A day or so ago I upgraded to 1.0.3 via the auto download service.

- snip -

We are near twins, XP (SP2) here but no probs with 1.0.3 (knock on wood)
*any* other software/firmware/hardware changes ? Tried an earlier
restore point ? Reinstall Firefox ?

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

spam the Federal Trade Commission thats http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

mike555

=== make a new profile, and reinstall your ext.'s =======

Barney

"toedipper" <(E-Mail Removed)> had
writtennews:0Fdae.3736$(E-Mail Removed):

> 2. A dialog box pops up asking for which profile to use as it is
> already open.

Same thing and ditto. I rebooted and then all was okay.

--
Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!