Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trigger PostBack from External webpage?

Trigger PostBack from External webpage?

Lars Netzel

I open a popup from an aspx page and when done working in the popup i I need
to update the aspx page in the background. I know how to get to the page in
the background thru JavaScript (window.opener.. ) but how do I trigger a
postback that will keep the viewstate of that page?

best regards/
Lars Netzel

Eliyahu Goldin

Lars,

You need to call the submit method of the form in your page. Try

window.opener.myForm.submit();

Eliyahu

"Lars Netzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I open a popup from an aspx page and when done working in the popup i I

need
> to update the aspx page in the background. I know how to get to the page

in
> the background thru JavaScript (window.opener.. ) but how do I trigger a
> postback that will keep the viewstate of that page?
>
> best regards/
> Lars Netzel

Lars Netzel

thank you that worked nice.