Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Getting FF to open pdf's in Acrobat, NOT browser

Getting FF to open pdf's in Acrobat, NOT browser

Dan

Running FF 1.01. How can I get the browser to launch pdf's in a new
Acrobat window, rather than in a browser window, and why in the
#%!!%%!!&*^$##!!! wouldn't it just do that anyway???

Looked in Options, if it's there I missed it.

Thanks,

Dan

Ed Mullen

http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_pdf.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Dan

Ed-Thanks for the reply. Based on your link, running Acrobat pro 6.0, I
found with FF 1.01 it's only necessary to deselect "Display pdf in
browser" under edit/preferences/internet in Adobe, and to disable the
adobe plug-ins under options/downloads/plugins in FF.

Dan

Dan wrote:

> Ed-Thanks for the reply. Based on your link, running Acrobat pro 6.0, I
> found with FF 1.01 it's only necessary to deselect "Display pdf in
> browser" under edit/preferences/internet in Adobe, and to disable the
> adobe plug-ins under options/downloads/plugins in FF.
>
> Dan
>
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> Dan wrote:
>>
>>> Running FF 1.01. How can I get the browser to launch pdf's in a new
>>> Acrobat window, rather than in a browser window, and why in the
>>> #%!!%%!!&*^$##!!! wouldn't it just do that anyway???
>>>
>>> Looked in Options, if it's there I missed it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dan

>> http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_pdf.html

Dan, you're welcome. And thanks for the comment. As my page said, it's
based on Acrobat Reader 5.1 so, yes, I'm not surprised you found some
difference in 6.x. Glad you reported it so others have more info to go on!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
If 7-11 stores are open 24 hours/7-days a week, why do they have locks
on the front door?