Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Directory Browsing from Web Page

Directory Browsing from Web Page

Stuart Ferguson

I am currently writing a HelpDesk system using ASP.NET 2.0 with c# as
the code behind and need to use an equivilent of the Windows Form
FolderBrowserDialog to allow me to select a default folder for usage in
an upload files section. I have noticed there is no equivilent control
in the ASP.NET IDE.

Does anyone know of an equivalent control or mechanism for this
functionality (preferrably free).

Many Thanks

Stuart

Hans Kesting

Stuart Ferguson wrote:
> I am currently writing a HelpDesk system using ASP.NET 2.0 with c# as
> the code behind and need to use an equivilent of the Windows Form
> FolderBrowserDialog to allow me to select a default folder for usage
> in an upload files section. I have noticed there is no equivilent
> control in the ASP.NET IDE.
>
> Does anyone know of an equivalent control or mechanism for this
> functionality (preferrably free).
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Stuart

Do you want to upload all files from some directory on the client machine?
HTML does not support that (and an ASP.Net application is just plain
HTML to the browser).
I think you need an ActiveX component for this.

Hans Kesting

Stuart Ferguson

Sorry didnt explain that too well all i am trying to do is set a
configuration value that happens to be a path on the Server not actually
upload the files.

Stuart