Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Reply field

Reply field

Steve Block

I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.

What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?
--
http://steveblock.journalspace.com/
http://www.block.plus.com

gadge

Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:

> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
>
> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
> anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
> text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
> wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

yes

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...eh_replyheader

--
Gadge

http://www.btinternet.com/~gadgerama

Steve Block

gadge wrote:
> Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
>
>> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
>> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
>>
>> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
>> anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
>> text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
>> wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

> yes
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...eh_replyheader

Thanks. I've spent all morning googling and couldn't find it. I'm sure
I went through everything at Mozilla, but obviously not. Slightly red
faced now, but thank you.

--

gadge wrote:
> Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
>
>> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
>> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
>>
>> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is there
>> anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before the quoted
>> text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message id soandso
>> wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

> yes
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...eh_replyheader

Also, just realised it is not possible as of yet to place the message id
in the reply header. That's a shame.

--

Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 10:14 AM:

> gadge wrote:
>
>> Steve Block said the following on 4/19/05 8:36 AM:
>>
>>> I've been using Thunderbird a long while now, and the one thing I
>>> haven't yet solved is customising what I'm thinking is the reply field.
>>>
>>> What I mean is, when you compose a reply to a USENET message, is
>>> there anyway of changing the 'soandso wrote:' that appears before
>>> the quoted text you reply to, so that it takes the form 'in message
>>> id soandso wrote', or even so that it includes the date as well?

>> yes
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...eh_replyheader

> Also, just realised it is not possible as of yet to place the message
> id in the reply header. That's a shame.

Give it time