Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and LIVE 365 software

Firefox and LIVE 365 software

Chris A. Perdue

Moz Champion,

When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
made
myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
but
you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
having problems with.

Thanks,
Chris

It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Moz Champion

Chris A. Perdue wrote:
> Moz Champion,
>
> When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
> However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
> made
> myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
> but
> you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
> or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
> having problems with.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Finally found what you are using.

Its not compatable with Netscape either! It requires IE (or at least
thats what the documentation states) Cant say, but it probably uses
active X or the MS java or someother IE only feature that isnt web standard.

http://www.yesterdayusa.com/live365_...layer_link.htm

Why dont you ask Live 365 why they dont produce a plug in that wont work
with anything else but IE?
AFAIK its not Firefox that is limiting the plug in, but the plug ins
designers who have chosen to only code for IE.

The other versions of the software (which are all pay versions)
Live365, Radio365 and Studio365 are standalones, not plug ins

Hmmm, according to this, you have to turn pop up blocking OFF for the
plug in to work (or at least start)
http://www.sglive365.com/

AHA! Here's a nifty trick to get around using their plug in!

http://www.bootliquor.com/faq.php

According to this, you can set it so you can use anyplug in that plays
streaming audio

Even they provide alternatives (this it the windows list)
http://www.live365.com/help/listen/windows/index.html

So, in short, your answer is, dont use that plug in <g> Use another plug
in that IS compatable with Firefox (or Mozilla or Netscape)

Moz Champion

Chris A. Perdue wrote:
> Moz Champion,
>
> When I go to run the Live 365 in firefox, it requires a special plug-in.
> However, Firefox doesn't support that plugin that is needed. I hope I
> made
> myself a little more clear. Don't use the PLAYER-365. That works fine,
> but
> you have to pay for that. The regular LIVE 365 player, detects Real, WMP,
> or whatever to play the Live365-cast. That is what I and many others are
> having problems with.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> It has removed 81 spam emails to date.