Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Aargh!! Cookie paths are case-sensitive!! How do you cope with THAT?

Re: Aargh!! Cookie paths are case-sensitive!! How do you cope with THAT?

Jon Paal

if you read the folder name and assign it to a variable i believe it will retain the case. us ehte varible as part of the cookie
path and it should be the same , eh ?

And preachers also once said the world was flat ....

Alan Silver

>if you read the folder name and assign it to a variable i believe it
>will retain the case. us ehte varible as part of the cookie
>path and it should be the same , eh ?

That still doesn't address the problem. Let me explain a little more..

Suppose a page sets a cookie for the path /somepath/ on the server.

Later on, the user comes back to the web site, but for some reason (of
which there are many), he access it via the URL
http://www.domain.com/SomePath/. The path /somepath/ does not match
/SomePath/, so the cookie is not read.

Sure I can read the current path, including the case of each letter, but
I need to know the case of the original path.

--
Alan Silver

Jon Paal

In this scenario, you'll have to create a comparison loop.

Get all the folders and compare them to the user's request in the same case . If a match is found, then use assign actual folder
name to a variable and use it, else, report no match found.

"The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity.
Choosing right over wrong, ethics over convenience, and truth over
popularity.. These are the choices that measure your life. Travel the path
of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the
right thing."