Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: how do I get a page's meta tag contents?

Re: how do I get a page's meta tag contents?

PJ6

Well that works but I think it's generally poor design to have any metadata
collection require instantiation. I know there is some hocus-pocus going on
in the background to build the temporary assemblies that support ASP.NET,
but I don't think it could have been too much of a stretch to have included
the meta tags as attributes in the created types that populate the ASP
namespace.

I was considering helping a client maintain their own metadata more easily
by just letting them alter meta tags on the pages themselves. But having to
instantiate each class to do something like collect metadata for all pages
just isn't going to fly. I'll have to use real attributes on the underlying
vb classes, and alteration of metadata will require editing the code itself
and a recompile, or perhaps I'll store it in SQL Server using a loose data
model if I don't consider that overkill for this particular project.

Paul

news:(E-Mail Removed)...