Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Retrieving Image information

Re: Retrieving Image information

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

but the page can display quicker if the height and width are specified - it
can allocate the space before getting the image

"Bruce Barker" wrote:

> if you don't specify a height or width, the browser uses the actuals.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there anyway that I can obtain information about an image file such as
> > .jpg before I display it onto a screen. In other words, I would like to
> > obtain the image size so I can dynamically place it on the screen. I like
> > set the width and height values according to what the size of the image
> > is. I
> > do not know whtat the size is at the time, because I will pick up the
> > image
> > file to what the user wants displayed. I want to display that image
> > correctly
> > as is...
> >
> > Thanks in advance..

Bruce Barker

true, but if you are using typical asp.net webforms, rendering performance
is not much of an issue, look at those viewstate sizes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...