Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003

Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003

Jay

If this is not the right newsgroup for this question please let me know
which is the right one.

I have applications where I launch grid data in Excel format in IE. Rather
than launching in IE, I need to launch Excel directly. That is when I click
on a button I want Excel to launch filled with data from the server.

I have not gotten into VSTO but with my initial reading it seems to only be
for developing applications that are launched from Excel via Add Ins, etc.
rather than from a website. Same thing for Word.

How can I launch Excel from a webpage?

Thanks. Jay

Juan T. Llibre

You might be able to get an answer here,
but you're more likely to get an answer at :

http://forums.asp.net/33/ShowForum.aspx
or
http://forums.asp.net/138/ShowForum.aspx

You can launch Excel from a website, but it will run on the server,
not on the client-side, unless your user agrees to allow you to install
an ActiveX component that launches Excel client-side, if your client
has Excel installed, of course.

Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/