Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Microsoft webcasts

Microsoft webcasts

William W. Plummer

I would like to participate in some of the Webcasts. They really want
me to be running IE 6. They detected that I'm running Mozilla 1.7 and
claim that MS Meeting cannot use it. Also, their analysis says that I
need to be using a Java-capable browser and Java must be enabled (it is).

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Is there some sort of
configuration setup that will let me participate in the webcast using
Mozilla? Or do I have to drop back to IE?

Splibbilla

"William W. Plummer" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I would like to participate in some of the Webcasts. They really want
> me to be running IE 6. They detected that I'm running Mozilla 1.7 and
> claim that MS Meeting cannot use it. Also, their analysis says that I
> need to be using a Java-capable browser and Java must be enabled (it is).
>
> Can someone tell me what the problem is? Is there some sort of
> configuration setup that will let me participate in the webcast using
> Mozilla? Or do I have to drop back to IE?

Might be able to fake past ms-blocking by changing user-agent to an MSIE

You can fake UA (user-agent) with Proxomitron, but you may also need to rename the UA value in about:config (but make copy
of original values for when you want to change UA back to installed values)

--
1 WinXp,Ff1.0.3 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, Conquery(trying),
and?