Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Autorefresh page at client

Autorefresh page at client

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

How can I automatically send another page to the users webbrowser (preferable
in c#)? So, somebody is looking at a webpage and after some processing at the
server, I want to show this user another page, without that the user have to
do a refresh.

I saw a page for getting a SSL-certificate. You get the page with the script
for the telephone confirmation. The company then give me a phone call. After
I've finished the phone the page is automatically refreshed.

Eliyahu Goldin

May be they refresh the page or a frame on the page periodically with

Eliyahu

"Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I automatically send another page to the users webbrowser

(preferable
> in c#)? So, somebody is looking at a webpage and after some processing at

the
> server, I want to show this user another page, without that the user have

> do a refresh.
>
> I saw a page for getting a SSL-certificate. You get the page with the

script
> for the telephone confirmation. The company then give me a phone call.

After
> I've finished the phone the page is automatically refreshed.

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

With this method you see the page doing a refresh after the specified number
of seconds. When I was on the page, I didn't see this effect, only the page
changed after the phone conversation.

I was thinking: Is it possible to create a thread, let the page finish
processing so that the user gets it's screen. The created Thread does his
processing and writes it's output to the request which has started him?

"Eliyahu Goldin" wrote:

> May be they refresh the page or a frame on the page periodically with
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How can I automatically send another page to the users webbrowser

> (preferable
> > in c#)? So, somebody is looking at a webpage and after some processing at

> the
> > server, I want to show this user another page, without that the user have

> > do a refresh.
> >
> > I saw a page for getting a SSL-certificate. You get the page with the

> script
> > for the telephone confirmation. The company then give me a phone call.

> After
> > I've finished the phone the page is automatically refreshed.

sreejith.ram@gmail.com

Another method that would work is to keep a hidden iframe/ajax to
execute the server code periodically and refresh the main page when
ready.

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in advance.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Another method that would work is to keep a hidden iframe/ajax to
> execute the server code periodically and refresh the main page when
> ready.

=?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=

it may require a little bit of reading to get started on ajax if you havnt
done any yet

please see if this could help...

http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/c...e/default.aspx

Also checkout section "Is it possible to wait for events?"

In the example shown in the page "There is no timer at the client's
javascript. In 10 seconds the request will response and call the client
callback function which will show a alert box."

"Edward" wrote:

> Can you please tell me how?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>
> > Another method that would work is to keep a hidden iframe/ajax to
> > execute the server code periodically and refresh the main page when
> > ready.

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

Thanks for the url. Looks interesting. I will start reading it completely.