Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Data Access Application Block

Data Access Application Block

Alphonse Giambrone

I just downloaded the new MS Paterns & Practices Enterprise Library to use
the Data Access Application Block in a web app.
Am I missing something, or can the connection string only be set in the
dataconfiguration.config file??
For one thing I would like to encrypt the string as MS has always
recommended. How can that be done?
But also I need to connect to two different databases. How to do this?

TIA
--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: discuss at customdatasolutions dot us

Arjen

Use the Enterprise Libary Confuguration program. With this you can configure
the config files and add multiple (encrypted) data connections.

Hope this helps,
Arjen

"Alphonse Giambrone" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:%23DRU%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just downloaded the new MS Paterns & Practices Enterprise Library to use
>the Data Access Application Block in a web app.
> Am I missing something, or can the connection string only be set in the
> dataconfiguration.config file??
> For one thing I would like to encrypt the string as MS has always
> recommended. How can that be done?
> But also I need to connect to two different databases. How to do this?
>

> TIA
> --
>
> Alphonse Giambrone
> Email: discuss at customdatasolutions dot us

Alphonse Giambrone

Thanks Arjen,
I will check that out. Sure would be nice it the documentation was better.

--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: discuss at customdatasolutions dot us

news:dgi1e2$iuh$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...