Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Send page as?

Send page as?

Melissa

I frequently use Send Page As -----> Email in IE. I can't find this feature
in Firefox. I see send page as link, which won't work for what I need, and
save page, but it uses an extension, .cfm I don't know which program opens
..cfm files. Sending through email seemed to basically take a picture of the
page, which worked fine. Is there an equivalent feature in Firefox?

--
Melissa
Please remove (yourshoes) to reply by email

kimcheeman

I think you should be able to save those "cfm" files, and re-open them,
if you just save them as .htm files. Try it and see what happens.

I too have been frustrated by Firefox' inability to send an actual
page, vs a link.

Umm....have you tried highlighting the entire page (ctl-A), then
cutting it (ctl-C) and pasting it (ctl-V) into your outgoing email?
Not my idea of the way it should be, but that works for me, at least on
pages that are mostly text.

Arne

Once upon a time *kimcheeman* wrote:

> I think you should be able to save those "cfm" files, and re-open them,
> if you just save them as .htm files. Try it and see what happens.
>
> I too have been frustrated by Firefox' inability to send an actual
> page, vs a link.
>
> Umm....have you tried highlighting the entire page (ctl-A), then
> cutting it (ctl-C) and pasting it (ctl-V) into your outgoing email?
> Not my idea of the way it should be, but that works for me, at least on
> pages that are mostly text.

Quote the part you are replying to, no more and no less! Thank you.

--
/Arne

Top posters will be ignored.

Melissa

"kimcheeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I think you should be able to save those "cfm" files, and re-open them,
> if you just save them as .htm files. Try it and see what happens.
>
> I too have been frustrated by Firefox' inability to send an actual
> page, vs a link.
>
> Umm....have you tried highlighting the entire page (ctl-A), then
> cutting it (ctl-C) and pasting it (ctl-V) into your outgoing email?
> Not my idea of the way it should be, but that works for me, at least on
> pages that are mostly text.

Both methods worked as you described, Thanks! Seems strange the developers
would include the send as link feature and not the send as page feature. Oh
well, it's still better than IE in my very limited experience.

--
Melissa
Please remove (yourshoes) to reply by email

Moz Champion

Melissa wrote:
> "kimcheeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>I think you should be able to save those "cfm" files, and re-open them,
>>if you just save them as .htm files. Try it and see what happens.
>>
>>I too have been frustrated by Firefox' inability to send an actual
>>page, vs a link.
>>
>>Umm....have you tried highlighting the entire page (ctl-A), then
>>cutting it (ctl-C) and pasting it (ctl-V) into your outgoing email?
>>Not my idea of the way it should be, but that works for me, at least on
>>pages that are mostly text.
>>

> Both methods worked as you described, Thanks! Seems strange the developers
> would include the send as link feature and not the send as page feature. Oh
> well, it's still better than IE in my very limited experience.
>
> --
> Melissa
> Please remove (yourshoes) to reply by email

The problem with Send Page is that it requires the email program to
handle HTML.
IE does it because it automatically assumes that OE is the mail program,
Mozilla (suite) does it because it knows its internal mail program can
do it.

Firefox, not knowing which mail program in use, doesnt. It doesnt
assume the user has an HTML capable program