Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Making Custom Server control visible at design time...

Making Custom Server control visible at design time...

Charlie@CBFC

Hi:

When I drag a my custom server control from the toolbox to design surface it
appears invisible except for little green arrow. I can change the width and
fill color of control in prop sheet so I can see it at design time, but this
interferes with its rendering at runtime. I have seen custom server
controls that appear like this at design time... [SomeControlClass
"SomeControlName"]. How do you get it to do this?

Thanks,
Charlie

Kevin Spencer

You create a Custom Designer for it. See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...orwebforms.asp

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

"Charlie@CBFC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> When I drag a my custom server control from the toolbox to design surface
> it
> appears invisible except for little green arrow. I can change the width
> and
> fill color of control in prop sheet so I can see it at design time, but
> this
> interferes with its rendering at runtime. I have seen custom server
> controls that appear like this at design time... [SomeControlClass
> "SomeControlName"]. How do you get it to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

Charlie@CBFC

That's cool! Thanks.