Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Oddly sized sized password textbox

Oddly sized sized password textbox

thechaosengine

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why, when I use an asp:textbox control with its text mode
set to "password" the textbox appears to be a couple of characters shorter
than all the others on the page? This is a problem when having a username
and password combination with one above the other as the difference in width
is quite noticeble.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this. I'm sure it must be something
silly.

I'm using IE 6 btw along with Visual Studio 2005 but I'm sure this problem
occurs in other browsers and in ASP.net 1.1 as well

Thanks to anyone who can advise

Kindest Regards

TC

David Hearn

Just set the width property on the textbox to match the other boxes on your
form.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...