Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > put a href to file w/ unc

put a href to file w/ unc

Fred

hi,
how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
(its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
SQL server database)
how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
window, not in IE window

Thanks

Fred

Fred wrote:
> hi,
> how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
> (its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
> SQL server database)
> how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
> window, not in IE window
>
> Thanks

and some of the files r on a http server

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

ok... dont see the relavance?
If they are on an HTTP server then point to the HTTP url...

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"Fred" wrote:

> Fred wrote:
> > hi,
> > how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
> > (its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
> > SQL server database)
> > how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
> > window, not in IE window
> >
> > Thanks

> and some of the files r on a http server

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

Opening in or out of IE is a client setting.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"Fred" wrote:

> hi,
> how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
> (its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
> SQL server database)
> how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
> window, not in IE window
>
> Thanks

Bruce Barker

instead of http use file://<unc name>

note: the users will have to set their browser security setting to trust
your site

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...