Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Monitor our web activity

Monitor our web activity

Antonio

Is there a better way to capture what people are doing on my web site
instead of putting some lines of code in every event that the user can
fire? Then maybe those lines of code on the postback write to a file
or table.

I woud like to know
-what pages are used
-what buttons are clicked
-more..

thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=

There are some packages out there for this... but remember that nearly
everything (page hit wise at least) is logged in the IIS logs. All you
usually need is a decent parser package for this.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

"Antonio" wrote:

> Is there a better way to capture what people are doing on my web site
> instead of putting some lines of code in every event that the user can
> fire? Then maybe those lines of code on the postback write to a file
> or table.
>
> I woud like to know
> -what pages are used
> -what buttons are clicked
> -more..
>
> thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

One option:
http://www.weblogexpert.com/

They have a freeware (lite) version. It is not the most full featured
product, but it works for basic analysis. Beyond this, you will have to
purchase a product.

One of the nicer products is LiveStats. It is also economical compared to
many of the products:
http://www.deepmetrix.com/

--
Gregory A. Beamer