Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tabbed Browsing

Tabbed Browsing

shadowking

I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do that.
Anyone else able to do that ?

reply to group.
Tks.

mike555

shadowking wrote:
> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want

> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs

open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do

that.
> Anyone else able to do that ?
>
> reply to group.
> Tks.

=== you can do that by putting them in a folder and when you click on
bookmarks "open in tabs " ==========

my choice freeware www.nonags.org/members/mike555

Danny Colyer

shadowking wrote:
> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do that.
> Anyone else able to do that ?

Which upgrade, or do you mean a specific extension? The Tabbrowser
Extensions extension allows you to save a set of tabs (click Tab | Save
Current Tab Session, or ctrl-shift-T). I expect the Tabbrowser
Preferences extension would have a similar option.

Roland

On 15-4-2005 21:08, shadowking wrote:
> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do that.
> Anyone else able to do that ?
>
> reply to group.
> Tks.

Open the tabs that you want, and set them as home page (Tools -> Options
-> General -> Home Page -> Use Current Pages)
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Ed Mullen

shadowking wrote:

> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do that.
> Anyone else able to do that ?
>
> reply to group.
> Tks.

Open the tabs you want. Click Tools - Options - General. Under the
Home Page section click the Use Current Pages button.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Michal

shadowking wrote:

> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do
> that. Anyone else able to do that ?
>
> reply to group.
> Tks.

well, you can move them, at lest after installing plugin Tabbrowser
Extensions (see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabexte.../index.html.en)
For me it is the best "tab Plugin" and gives enormous power over tabs and
extra features (WARNING: *tis Plugin contains also pop up policy plugin
it can be disabled in Plugin - TE - modules - I had small problems while it
was active). At present Plugin is not very easily to configure due to its
enormous amount of functions (I remember the beginning of the plugin) but
at least it is worth trying it. You can even make tabs colorfull.

shadowking

Roland's Idea worked the best.

news:42601d48$0$97021$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...

shadowking wrote:
> I've downloaded the upgraded for the tabbed browsing, but what I want to
> know is there a way that when you launch Firefox that 4 or 5 tabs open up
> immediately with your favorite sites ? I don't seem to be able to do that.
> Anyone else able to do that ?

Open the tabs, then
Tools > Options > General > Home Page > Use Current Pages.

(You don't need the Tabbed Browser Extension for this)