Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > email automatic read problem

email automatic read problem

NS

My Mozila Thunderbird (which used to work fine) stopped reading messages
automatically although in Server Setting it is set to check messages
every 2 minutes.

It now only checks & reads email messages when I manually select Get
Mail, but it does not do that any more automatically periodically.

I tried to reinstall the last version but the problem sustained. Can
anyone help me resolve that.

Thanks,
NS

Gregg

NS wrote:
> My Mozila Thunderbird (which used to work fine) stopped reading messages
> automatically although in Server Setting it is set to check messages
> every 2 minutes.
>
> It now only checks & reads email messages when I manually select Get
> Mail, but it does not do that any more automatically periodically.
>
> I tried to reinstall the last version but the problem sustained. Can
> anyone help me resolve that.
>
> Thanks,
> NS

Go to tools-account settings. Make sure that under Server Settings for
each account the the check box for check messages at start up is checked
off. Hopefully, this would be the problem.

NS

I did that, but no help. Any other idea?
Perhaps I should reinitialize the preferences, and reset them. How do I
do that?

Gregg wrote:
> NS wrote:
>
>> My Mozila Thunderbird (which used to work fine) stopped reading messages
>> automatically although in Server Setting it is set to check messages
>> every 2 minutes.
>>
>> It now only checks & reads email messages when I manually select Get
>> Mail, but it does not do that any more automatically periodically.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall the last version but the problem sustained. Can
>> anyone help me resolve that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NS
>>

> Go to tools-account settings. Make sure that under Server Settings for
> each account the the check box for check messages at start up is checked
> off. Hopefully, this would be the problem.

NS

I have reinstalled it and as soon as I copied my old Mail directory the
problem started occurring. I suspect it is in something in this folder.
Where are the Mail Filter settings stored?

Gregg wrote:
> NS wrote:
>
>> My Mozila Thunderbird (which used to work fine) stopped reading messages
>> automatically although in Server Setting it is set to check messages
>> every 2 minutes.
>>
>> It now only checks & reads email messages when I manually select Get
>> Mail, but it does not do that any more automatically periodically.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall the last version but the problem sustained. Can
>> anyone help me resolve that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NS
>>

> Go to tools-account settings. Make sure that under Server Settings for
> each account the the check box for check messages at start up is checked
> off. Hopefully, this would be the problem.

NS

I have resolved the problem!

Installation didn't help, since the problem showed up again as soon as I
copied my old Mail directory. So I realized it has to do with this
directory. So, I have deleted all the MSF files in the Mail directory.
I then reran Thunderbird (which rebuilt healthy MSF files), and the
problem was resolved.