Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > What is the difference between C# windows Services and web services in vs.net?

What is the difference between C# windows Services and web services in vs.net?

Nick

hi, all
What is the difference between C# windows Services and web services
in vs.net? Becuase I have a windows services using http remoting, and
client access it by a http url address, so it looks very similar with
the web services. In this point, the windows services, web services,
and asp.net web site, all are similar, am I right?
Thanks.

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

yup. not sure why you went the route of a windows service with remoting that
is http addressable over a pure webservice. from an application perspective,
you blurred the lines. nothing inherently wrong about that, just a bit
unconventional
--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]