Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc06\770e5f27" is denied.

Reply
Thread Tools

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc06\770e5f27" is denied.

 
 
Alejandro Becker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
Hi, I have Windows 2000 SP4. is domain controller.
and Visual studio 2003

I get the error:
Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary
ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc06\770e5f27" is denied.
when I try to acces to the site.

Please I need Help.

Thanks.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Juan T. Llibre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
Allow read privileges to the account
which ASP.NET is running under to :

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempora ry ASP.NET Files\

You should be aware that running ASP.NET on a domain controller
is not exactly the best environment to run ASP.NET in.

To provide a valid user account on the domain controller, you must specify an
explicit account in the <processModel> section of the Machine.config file,
or you must use the SYSTEM account.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315158
to learn how to change the default account ASP.NET runs under,
so that running in a domain controller isn't troublesome.




Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

"Alejandro Becker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have Windows 2000 SP4. is domain controller.
> and Visual studio 2003
>
> I get the error:
> Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary
> ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc06\770e5f27" is denied.
> when I try to acces to the site.
>
> Please I need Help.
>
> Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JIMCO Software
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
Juan T. Llibre wrote:
> Allow read privileges to the account
> which ASP.NET is running under to :
>
> C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempora ry ASP.NET Files\
>


ASPNET should have full control on this folder. This is where ASP.NET
compiles its assemblies. It needs Write access.

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software
http://www.jimcosoftware.com

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003




 
Reply With Quote
 
Juan T. Llibre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2005
I must have been sleeping when I wrote that...

The complete required permissions for all the physical
directories which the ASP.NET account needs is at :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l/secmod15.asp

Thanks!



Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

"JIMCO Software" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Juan T. Llibre wrote:
>> Allow read privileges to the account
>> which ASP.NET is running under to :
>>
>> C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempora ry ASP.NET Files\
>>


> ASPNET should have full control on this folder. This is where ASP.NET compiles its
> assemblies. It needs Write access.
>
> --
> Jim Cheshire
> JIMCO Software
> http://www.jimcosoftware.com
>
> FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PERL windows : "Windows cannot access the specified device, path orfile. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." guru Perl Misc 4 02-18-2009 04:46 PM
Very annoying error: Access to the path is denied. ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity Jay ASP .Net 2 08-20-2007 07:38 PM
Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. strollingjj Computer Support 11 12-03-2006 01:27 PM
"Access to the path <path> is denied" but it shouldn't be. Kent Tegels ASP .Net Security 0 08-26-2004 04:43 PM
Bizzare: Invalid path to Access mdb, path is good Keith-Earl ASP .Net 1 05-03-2004 03:25 PM



Advertisments