Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp:button control not firing event

asp:button control not firing event

csgraham74

Hello,

Ive been working on an asp.net application in both dreamweaver and
visual studio .Net. Ive imported files created in dreamweaver into my
VS.Net application.

The main problem that i have is that my asp:buttons are not firing
events anymore.

Has anyone ever came across this behaviour or have some advice on how i
can resolve my issue.

Thanks in advance.

CG

Scott Allen

It sounds like the event wireup code is missing.

Unfortunately, the VS.NET IDE does sometime eat the wireup code for
breakfast.

Look at the InitializeComponent() method in the editor (it's in the
hidden region that has a warning not to edit), if you don't see event
handlers being assigned you'll need to add them.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On 10 Sep 2005 06:45:06 -0700, "csgraham74" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Ive been working on an asp.net application in both dreamweaver and
>visual studio .Net. Ive imported files created in dreamweaver into my
>VS.Net application.
>
>The main problem that i have is that my asp:buttons are not firing
>events anymore.
>
>Has anyone ever came across this behaviour or have some advice on how i
>can resolve my issue.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>CG

Peter Blum

If this problem is that no postback happens at all, then it may be due to a
bug in the client-side validation of ASP.NET 1.1 SP1. You have to have a
validator on this page for this bug to be present. If so, check out the
first topic of this article: http://aspalliance.com/699.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"csgraham74" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Ive been working on an asp.net application in both dreamweaver and
> visual studio .Net. Ive imported files created in dreamweaver into my
> VS.Net application.
>
> The main problem that i have is that my asp:buttons are not firing
> events anymore.
>
> Has anyone ever came across this behaviour or have some advice on how i
> can resolve my issue.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> CG

csgraham74

Is this the code that your talking about ??

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

What must i add to this section ????? I havent done anything like this
before so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CG