Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > What's the proper Doctype for asp.net pages ?

What's the proper Doctype for asp.net pages ?

craigkenisston@hotmail.com

Hi,

I'm running my asp.net website against several HTML validators.
My pages have the html 4.01 strict doctype, because I wanted to avoid
problems with the difference in the box model across browsers.

However, all the validators complains about the use of "_" character as
the begining as an "id". I don't have this, but asp.net add these when
I use web controls which contains elements with id attributes.

Line 330, character 10:
Error: value of attribute ID must start with a letter, not _

In this case, my id is just "topicsGroupJobs", all the rest is added by
asp.net.

What do you do in this case ?

Anon-E-Moose

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1126283846.988067.217890
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> In this case, my id is just "topicsGroupJobs", all the rest is added by
> asp.net.
>
> What do you do in this case ?

Ignore the validator ; )