Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Preserve custom searchplugins by about:config/prefs.js relocate?

Preserve custom searchplugins by about:config/prefs.js relocate?

Splibbilla

just an idea... leading to question:

can we preserve custom searchplugins by resetting default location of all searchplugins... store our src's in a folder (1)

and resetting that path in *some* variable using about:config.. and about:config would store the path in prefs.js ..

and since prefs.js are in Proflies,they will not be overwritten when update/reinstall firefox|Mozilla|Gecko.

------
possibly there are other files, besides src's, that some users would like to preserve when installing ff/moz updates.

i should take some time... google this.. poke in my computer... especially since i think i was experimenting with this by setting
paths to searchplugins with a custom prefsbar item... but i'm running low on time... 'scuse me..

1 maybe store src's in Profiles folder.. especially good if our Profiles folder is already conveniently backed up.

--
Usually java off, js on. If can, choose Bookmarklet rather than XPI, to reduce 'bloat'. Update often.
1 WinXp,Ff1.0.2 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, and???