Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > make images larger

make images larger

Gordon Abbot

I switched resolutions on my computer and would like to keep the new
setting (from 800x600 to 1280x1024). I have figured out how to make most
type readable but some images which have text (my morning comics) are
difficult to read.

Is there a way (other than saving them and then using another program to
enlarge them) to enlarge them on the Mozilla page directly?

GA
--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

hxbarney@cap.rr.com

Gordon Abbot wrote:
> I switched resolutions on my computer and would like to keep the new
> setting (from 800x600 to 1280x1024). I have figured out how to make most
> type readable but some images which have text (my morning comics) are
> difficult to read.
>
> Is there a way (other than saving them and then using another program to
> enlarge them) to enlarge them on the Mozilla page directly?
>
> GA

Change the resolution back to 800x600 and after reading the comics
reverse it. Put a copy of the Display icon from Control Panel on your
desk top to make finding it easier.

If you do not play with the desktop while at the lower resolution, you
should have no trouble when you go back up.

I do the reverse when using my CAD program.

John Thompson

On 2005-04-08, Gordon Abbot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I switched resolutions on my computer and would like to keep the new
> setting (from 800x600 to 1280x1024). I have figured out how to make most
> type readable but some images which have text (my morning comics) are
> difficult to read.
>
> Is there a way (other than saving them and then using another program to
> enlarge them) to enlarge them on the Mozilla page directly?

Have you tried the ImageZoomer extension?

http://imagezoomer.mozdev.org

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Travis Evans

On 04/08/2005 07:02 AM, Gordon Abbot wrote:
> I switched resolutions on my computer and would like to keep the new
> setting (from 800x600 to 1280x1024). I have figured out how to make most
> type readable but some images which have text (my morning comics) are
> difficult to read.
>
> Is there a way (other than saving them and then using another program to
> enlarge them) to enlarge them on the Mozilla page directly?

In Preferences where you adjust the font sizes, try playing with the
Resolution setting (dpi). I know this adjusts text size; I'm not sure
if it adjusts images, though.

--
Travis
[The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to