Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GridView update with ObjectDataSource

GridView update with ObjectDataSource

Danny W

Hi all,

I'm trying to update a record using ObjectDataSource but got the following
error:

The 'PhotoCount' property on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName
property in ObjectDataSource 'odsAlbums' is readonly and its value cannot be
set.

PhotoCount is a readonly property in my object and I've already set it to be
readonly in the gridview. Surely GridView or ObjectDataSource is smart
enought not to update a readonly property?? Or do I have to do this by code?

Cheers,

Danny