Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sites which pass the Mozilla Popup Blocker

Sites which pass the Mozilla Popup Blocker

joe

http://www.weather.com/
http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp

I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.

-joe
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Arne

Once upon a time *joe* wrote:

> http://www.weather.com/
> http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
> http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>
> I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.

No popup's here on Mozilla Suit, blocker works on all sites. Any
special page on those URL's that you get the popup's on?

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! Thank you.

John Thompson

On 2005-04-06, joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.weather.com/

None here.

> http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm

Blocked by FF-1.0.2

> http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp

Blocked by FF-1.0,2

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

mike555

==== pop-ups blocked here ... Firefox 1.03 with "adblock' extension
and
the list from.. http://www.geocities.com/pierceive/adblock/ =====

Moz Champion

joe wrote:
> http://www.weather.com/
> http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
> http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>
> I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.
>
> -joe
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Are you using the pop up from plug in blocker as specified here?
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html

the feature has been built in for the last several versions, all you
have to do is enable it

joe

"Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:J_05e.531377$(E-Mail Removed)...
> joe wrote:
>> http://www.weather.com/
>> http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
>> http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>>
>> I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.
>>
>> -joe
>> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

> Are you using the pop up from plug in blocker as specified here?
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html
>

> the feature has been built in for the last several versions, all you have
> to do is enable it

I enabled it, went back to foodnetwork.com and no popups. Then I went back
to weather.com and got a popup. All the popups appear on the homepages I
mention.

Answer this for me: if junk mail is illegal, then why isn't spam/junk
email??

joe wrote:
> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:J_05e.531377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>joe wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.weather.com/
>>>http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
>>>http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>>>
>>>I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.
>>>
>>>-joe
>>>http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

>>Are you using the pop up from plug in blocker as specified here?
>>http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html
>>

>>the feature has been built in for the last several versions, all you have
>>to do is enable it

> I enabled it, went back to foodnetwork.com and no popups. Then I went back
> to weather.com and got a popup. All the popups appear on the homepages I
> mention.
>
> Answer this for me: if junk mail is illegal, then why isn't spam/junk
> email??
>
> -joe
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

junk mail isnt illegal
spam/junk mail isnt either. The recent anti-spam bill passed by Congress
makes it illegal for an American company to continue spamming you after
you tell them 3 times not to, but of course doesnt apply to spam/junk
from anywhere else, and of course doesnt apply to any non Americans <g>

Moz Champion

joe wrote:
> "Moz Champion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:J_05e.531377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>joe wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.weather.com/
>>>http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
>>>http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>>>
>>>I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.
>>>
>>>-joe
>>>http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

>>Are you using the pop up from plug in blocker as specified here?
>>http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007682.html
>>

>>the feature has been built in for the last several versions, all you have
>>to do is enable it

> I enabled it, went back to foodnetwork.com and no popups. Then I went back
> to weather.com and got a popup. All the popups appear on the homepages I
> mention.
>
> Answer this for me: if junk mail is illegal, then why isn't spam/junk
> email??
>
> -joe
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

What value did you use as the integer in the pref?
Use a value of 3 to get the full blocking ability

There are actually 4 values for the pref
0 allow pop-up
1 block most but allow a few according to a white list
2 block
3 block, including those in the whitelist

what homepages did you mention? Any page can be a homepage

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:48:24 GMT, in message
<st65e.50654$(E-Mail Removed)>, Moz Champion wrote:

> junk mail isnt illegal
> spam/junk mail isnt either. The recent anti-spam bill passed by Congress
> makes it illegal for an American company to continue spamming you after
> you tell them 3 times not to,

So if you tell 'Cheating Wives 1023 Inc' three times not to spam you,
then even so, 'Cheating Wives 1247 Inc' (which curiously has the same
officers and uses the the same email list) can spam you legally?

> but of course doesnt apply to spam/junk
> from anywhere else, and of course doesnt apply to any non Americans <g>

--
Cheers
Ralph

Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?

Charani

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:16:30 GMT, joe wrote:

> http://www.weather.com/
> http://www.heartcenteronline.com/index2.cfm
> http://www.health.harvard.edu/hhp/index.jsp
>
> I started a list and will announce the breakers here by adding replies.

No pop ups popped up on any of the sites above, using Mozilla
SeaMonkey.

chatroom popup blocker issue in Mozilla Firefox mistuh Computer Support 1 12-30-2005 05:23 PM
Pass Popup blocker? rovisoft Javascript 4 04-11-2005 12:05 AM
FF 1.0 Popup blocker Kneewax Firefox 2 11-22-2004 06:36 PM
How to open a popup when popup blocker is turned on Ashish Javascript 2 10-31-2004 07:00 PM