Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > test whether a path is in public web directory?

test whether a path is in public web directory?

flipdoubt

Are there any specialized methods for determining whether a path or UNC points
to a location within a site's web directories? Are there any methods for
turning an absolute path into a relative URL?

My app has UNCs stored in a database and needs to serve the files that the
UNC points to. If the UNC is within the site, I just need to return a relative
path. If it isn't, I need to copy the file to a public cache and return a
relative path to the cached file.