Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Silly netscape behaviour....

Silly netscape behaviour....

toedipper

Hmmm.

I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the best
browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening to the
non stop Madonna channel.

Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
single/album of the track you are listening to.

Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my default
browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and when
clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
EXPLORER.

I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and planted a
couple of spies in there.

Test it for yourself.

I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL BROWSER'

td.

..brian..

toedipper wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the

best
> browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening

to the
> non stop Madonna channel.
>
> Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
> Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
> single/album of the track you are listening to.
>
> Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my

default
> browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and

when
> clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
> EXPLORER.
>
> I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and

planted a
> couple of spies in there.
>
> Test it for yourself.
>
> I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL

BROWSER'

I bet it works with Netscape 8 beta -- did you try that??

[http://channels.netscape.com/ns/help...pe.html#three]

What are the minimum requirements for Radio@Netscape?

To enjoy Radio@Netscape, you must have the following hardware and
software:

* A Pentium-class multimedia computer with a sound card and
speakers
* Windows 98/2000/ME/XP operating system
* A 28.8k or faster modem
* Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or above
* 5 MB of free disk space
* An Internet connection
--
Brian

toedipper

Fair enough.

But I just can't see for example a car company, say Ford, saying....

'Before you can drive a Ford you must have a Mercedes in the drive'

"..brian.." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> toedipper wrote:
>> Hmmm.
>>
>> I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the

> best
>> browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening

> to the
>> non stop Madonna channel.
>>
>> Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
>> Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
>> single/album of the track you are listening to.
>>
>> Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my

> default
>> browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and

> when
>> clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
>> EXPLORER.
>>
>> I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and

> planted a
>> couple of spies in there.
>>
>> Test it for yourself.
>>
>> I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL

> BROWSER'
>
> I bet it works with Netscape 8 beta -- did you try that??
>
> [http://channels.netscape.com/ns/help...pe.html#three]
>
> What are the minimum requirements for Radio@Netscape?
>
> To enjoy Radio@Netscape, you must have the following hardware and
> software:
>
> * A Pentium-class multimedia computer with a sound card and
> speakers
> * Windows 98/2000/ME/XP operating system
> * A 28.8k or faster modem
> * Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or above
> * 5 MB of free disk space
> * An Internet connection
> --
> Brian

Doug G

toedipper wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I am a Firefox user and support the whole concept totally, it's the best
> browser. I am also a Netscape Radio User, the wife likes listening to the
> non stop Madonna channel.
>
> Anyway, mean while back at the ranch. On Netscape Radio there are
> Hyperlinks that take you to an online store so you can purchase the
> single/album of the track you are listening to.
>
> Imagine my surprise when, I did not have Internet Explorer as my default
> browser but had Firefox (and tested with Netscape 7.2 as well) and when
> clicking on one of these links the browser that opened was INTERNET
> EXPLORER.
>
> I think Microsoft has infiltrated the Netscape/mozilla crowd and planted a
> couple of spies in there.
>
> Test it for yourself.
>
> I can see it in the papers..... 'NETSCAPE SHOCK AS APP OPENS RIVAL BROWSER'
>
> td.

Netscape Radio may be coded to only use Internet Explorer.

AOL/Netscape has been in bed with Microsoft for a long time.

Chris I

_toedipper_ spoke thusly:
> Fair enough.
>
> But I just can't see for example a car company, say Ford, saying....
>
> 'Before you can drive a Ford you must have a Mercedes in the drive'

What the people at Netscape.com care about is portal traffic, not
"browser wars."

--
Chris I - Mozilla Champion
Mozilla Help <http://ilias.ca/mozilla/>