Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > browser V1.0.2

browser V1.0.2

MikeS

Hullo all,

I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour, with
the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or thereabouts.
Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
browser page.
thanks

MikeS

Doug G

MikeS wrote:

> Hullo all,
>
> I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
> browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour, with
> the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or thereabouts.
> Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
> Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
> browser page.
> thanks
>
> MikeS

Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
uninstalling the older version of Firefox.

You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible with
Firefox 1.0.2.

MikeS

"Doug G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MikeS wrote:
>
>> Hullo all,
>>
>> I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
>> browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour,
>> with
>> the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or
>> thereabouts.
>> Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
>> Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
>> browser page.
>> thanks
>>
>> MikeS

> Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
> uninstalling the older version of Firefox.
>
> You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible
> with
> Firefox 1.0.2.

Definitely uninstalled previous version before downloading.
Not clear about the meaning of a theme or extension.

MikeS

Doug G

MikeS wrote:
> "Doug G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> MikeS wrote:
>>
>>> Hullo all,
>>>
>>> I have a problem in that after the download, when booting up the
>>> browser, the monitor screen goes black and "reboots" in colour,
>>> with
>>> the browser page on screen, but having zoomed up 300% or
>>> thereabouts.
>>> Changing the Windows Display settings has no affect. The default
>>> Display settings remain as normal for Window work outside of the
>>> browser page.
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> MikeS

>> Problems may arise if you install Firefox 1.0.2 without first
>> uninstalling the older version of Firefox.
>>
>> You may have installed a theme or extension that is not compatible
>> with
>> Firefox 1.0.2.

> Definitely uninstalled previous version before downloading.
> Not clear about the meaning of a theme or extension.
>
> MikeS

Themes are skins, extensions add functions to the program.

If you've installed any, they should appear in the boxes that appear
when you click Themes or Extensions on Firefox's Tool menu.