Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to edit Password Manager in Firefox

How to edit Password Manager in Firefox

dn_perl@hotmail.com

I had tried Mozilla for a few days in 2003 before
switching back to IE. Support for other languages
for poor in Mozilla and its initial picture, showing
a dragon or whichever creature it was breathing fire,
was flat out stupid.

I recently downloaded Firefox browser ver 1.0.2 on my
Win98-SE desktop to see what the hoopla was all about.
The ability to block pop-up is definitely a plus, and
the main reason why I want to use one more browser
besides IE. But the Firefox icon is so ugly that I still
prefer to click on the Explorer icon whenever possible.
How can a group of people (at Firefox) wanting to challenge
a well-set giant like Microsoft afford to display such
poor taste is a mystery. True, this is an age when poor
taste often wins the day; but Microsoft has an exquisite
taste when it comes to fonts and images, and I hope they
will continue to be rewarded for it. I am not sure Firefox
zealots are motivated by altruism. IE took away the market
from Netscape and a desire for revenge has propelled the
Firefox effort at least to some extent. Good for us users
but sentimental attachment to any product is to be avoided
by a third-party observer of the scene, I think.

Then there is the matter of the handling of the GO menu,
discussed often across forums. IE and Navigator bring
the last visited item in the drop-down list to the top,
and it is simply crazy that Firefox doesn't handle it
the same way. It is yet another reason why I went back
to IE as my default browser.

Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

At the same time, it is funny that IE gives tons of errors
these days while using 'hotmail' which is their own home
product but Firefox is very useful for accessing hotmail.
In the end, users should avoid getting sentimental about
either browser and just use as many browsers as suit
their needs best, without conceiving an animus towards
IE, which has its strong points, too.

..brian..

[snipage]
> Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
> used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
> I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
> in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

[snipage]

I did not read your entire post, only skimmed it, so hopefully I'm not
missing something important. Gmail usernames and passwords aren't
saved by the password manager; the username on that page is stored as a
form entry via the "Saved Form Information" option.

Answer: Highlight your friend's username and Shift+Delete it.

--
Brian

dn_perl@hotmail.com

...brian.. wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> [snipage]
> > Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
> > used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
> > I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
> > in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

> [snipage]
>
> I did not read your entire post, only skimmed it, so hopefully I'm

not
> missing something important. Gmail usernames and passwords aren't
> saved by the password manager; the username on that page is stored as

> form entry via the "Saved Form Information" option.
>
> Answer: Highlight your friend's username and Shift+Delete it.

Thank you so much. I should also compliment you for skills at
snipping and skimming...