Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Select, Copy & Paste In Firefox

Select, Copy & Paste In Firefox

Doug

Do I need a special extension for Firefox to be able to select a
paragraph from a web page so I can copy and paste it else where?

Leonidas Jones

Doug wrote:
> Do I need a special extension for Firefox to be able to select a
> paragraph from a web page so I can copy and paste it else where?

No, it should work fine. I just did it as a test, no problems noted.

What happens when you try?

Lee

Doug

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>
>> Do I need a special extension for Firefox to be able to select a
>> paragraph from a web page so I can copy and paste it else where?

> No, it should work fine. I just did it as a test, no problems noted.
>
> What happens when you try?
>
> Lee

When I go to select the paragraph or any word and let go of the mouse
button, the selection doesn't stay highlighted. I just can't select
anything.

Doug

Doug G

Doug wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>
>>> Do I need a special extension for Firefox to be able to select a
>>> paragraph from a web page so I can copy and paste it else where?

>> No, it should work fine. I just did it as a test, no problems noted.
>>
>> What happens when you try?
>>
>> Lee

> When I go to select the paragraph or any word and let go of the mouse
> button, the selection doesn't stay highlighted. I just can't select
> anything.
>
> Doug

What extensions have you installed?
Have you tried restarting your computer?

graeme@invalid

Doug wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>>Doug wrote:
>>

>>>Do I need a special extension for Firefox to be able to select a
>>>paragraph from a web page so I can copy and paste it else where?

>>No, it should work fine. I just did it as a test, no problems noted.
>>
>>What happens when you try?
>>
>>Lee

> When I go to select the paragraph or any word and let go of the mouse
> button, the selection doesn't stay highlighted. I just can't select
> anything.
>
> Doug

There is an extension called Auto Copy which will do what you want.

--
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Doug

graeme@invalid wrote:
> Doug wrote:

>>> No, it should work fine. I just did it as a test, no problems noted.
>>>
>>> What happens when you try?
>>>
>>> Lee

>> When I go to select the paragraph or any word and let go of the mouse
>> button, the selection doesn't stay highlighted. I just can't select
>> anything.
>>
>> Doug

> There is an extension called Auto Copy which will do what you want.

I have Auto Copy as one of my Extensions. I also have Chatzilla,
Bandwidth Tester, Autofill, Linky, Infolister, & Magie.
I must also mention when I right click a web page and select select all,
nothing selects. When I left click anything to select and let go of the
mouse, the selection is not highlighted anymore.

Doug

Doug

Doug wrote:
> graeme@invalid wrote:
>
>>Doug wrote:

>>>When I go to select the paragraph or any word and let go of the mouse
>>>button, the selection doesn't stay highlighted. I just can't select
>>>anything.
>>>
>>>Doug

>>There is an extension called Auto Copy which will do what you want.
>>

> I have Auto Copy as one of my Extensions. I also have Chatzilla,
> Bandwidth Tester, Autofill, Linky, Infolister, & Magie.
> I must also mention when I right click a web page and select select all,
> nothing selects. When I left click anything to select and let go of the
> mouse, the selection is not highlighted anymore.
>
> Doug

OK, I figured it out guy's. There is a setting in Options that was
checked so as to unselect after copy. I unchecked the box and it works.

Thanks anyway!