Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Connection leak in PhotoManager ?

Connection leak in PhotoManager ?

Bendik Engebretsen

I have finally managed to publish my ASP.NET 2.0 'Personal Web Starter Kit'
based site on our Windows 2003 server. I am using the SQL Server Express
2005 June CTP. It worked fine for a while, then suddenly a 'Server Error'
started appearing on all clients. I checked on the server, and it reports a
'Timeout Expired' error while calling GetConnection to obtain a db
connection from the pool. Probably, the connection pool had reached its
maximum number of connections.

The interesting thing is that in the the call stack I found the
'PhotoManager..ctor'. Could there be a connection leak in the PhotoManager
here ? Or could there be some other reason ? I must admit that I am fairly
new to ASP, so I may be talking over my head here...

Bendik