Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > HR

Olafur

I am new to FF, found out my HR tags don't work neither in Opera or FF.
Has anybody an explanation?

Olafur

Arne

Once upon a time *Olafur* wrote:
> I am new to FF, found out my HR tags don't work neither in Opera or FF.
> Has anybody an explanation?
>
> Olafur

Do you mean <hr> (e.g horizontal line across the page)? They work just
fine in any browser that I know of. What is the URL to the sit (page)
where you don't see them?

--
/Arne

Olafur

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:43:44 +0200, Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Once upon a time *Olafur* wrote:
>> I am new to FF, found out my HR tags don't work neither in Opera or FF.
>> Has anybody an explanation?
>>
>> Olafur
>>

> Do you mean <hr> (e.g horizontal line across the page)? They work just
> fine in any browser that I know of. What is the URL to the sit (page)
> where you don't see them?

As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML

Olafur

Nigel Stapley

Olafur wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:43:44 +0200, Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time *Olafur* wrote:
>>
>>> I am new to FF, found out my HR tags don't work neither in Opera or FF.
>>> Has anybody an explanation?
>>>
>>> Olafur
>>>

>> Do you mean <hr> (e.g horizontal line across the page)? They work just
>> fine in any browser that I know of. What is the URL to the sit (page)
>> where you don't see them?
>>

> As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML

They don't appear in Mozilla Suite either, but they do in IE.

What program did you use to write the pages?

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>

Leonidas Jones

Olafur wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:43:44 +0200, Arne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time *Olafur* wrote:
>>
>>> I am new to FF, found out my HR tags don't work neither in Opera or FF.
>>> Has anybody an explanation?
>>>
>>> Olafur
>>>

>> Do you mean <hr> (e.g horizontal line across the page)? They work just
>> fine in any browser that I know of. What is the URL to the sit (page)
>> where you don't see them?
>>

> As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML
>
> Olafur

I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could there
be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I disable
linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the horizontal rules
pop right up.

Lee

Olafur

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:35:32 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Olafur wrote:

>>> Do you mean <hr> (e.g horizontal line across the page)? They work just
>>> fine in any browser that I know of. What is the URL to the sit (page)
>>> where you don't see them?
>>>

>> As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML
>> Olafur
>>

> I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could there
> be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I disable
> linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the horizontal rules
> pop right up.
>
> Lee

Thanks a lot, I did not think of the style sheet, will have a look at
that. But it does not explain why it pops up in IE but not in Opera and
not in FF.

Olafur

Olafur

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:47 +0100, Olafur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:35:32 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Olafur wrote:

>>> As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML
>>> Olafur
>>>

>> I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could there
>> be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I disable
>> linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the horizontal
>> rules pop right up.
>>
>> Lee

> Thanks a lot, I did not think of the style sheet, will have a look at
> that. But it does not explain why it pops up in IE but not in Opera and
> not in FF.
>
> Olafur

Second replay,

That was the solution, now working fine,

Many thanks for a constructive advise,

Regards,

Olafur

Justin

Olafur wrote on [Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:47 +0100]:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:35:32 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Olafur wrote:

>>> As an example: http://www.food-control.com/bookmark.HTML
>>> Olafur
>>>

>> I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could there
>> be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I disable
>> linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the horizontal rules
>> pop right up.
>>
>> Lee

> Thanks a lot, I did not think of the style sheet, will have a look at
> that. But it does not explain why it pops up in IE but not in Opera and
> not in FF.
>
> Olafur

Ummm, how about maybe IE isn't following the standards?

Olafur

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:33:18 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Olafur wrote on [Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:47 +0100]:

>>> I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could there
>>> be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I disable
>>> linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the horizontal
>>> rules
>>> pop right up.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Thanks a lot, I did not think of the style sheet, will have a look at
>> that. But it does not explain why it pops up in IE but not in Opera and
>> not in FF.
>>
>> Olafur

> Ummm, how about maybe IE isn't following the standards?

Good point... Another hole in the bucket! better check with Bill then

Leonidas Jones

Olafur wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:47 +0100, Olafur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I took a quick look at the source, it ought to be working. Could
>>> there be something in your external style sheet stopping it? When I
>>> disable linked style sheets with the Web Developer Toolbar, the
>>> horizontal rules pop right up.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Thanks a lot, I did not think of the style sheet, will have a look at
>> that. But it does not explain why it pops up in IE but not in Opera
>> and not in FF.
>>
>> Olafur
>>

> Second replay,
>
> That was the solution, now working fine,
>
> Many thanks for a constructive advise,
>
> Regards,
>
> Olafur

Glad to help out!