Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to change SMTP server in Thunderbird

How to change SMTP server in Thunderbird

Newfdog

hi all...... I'm trying to figure out how to change my SMTP server in
thunderbird. I tried:

click account settings
click server settings
click advanced
click SMTP

the server is listed but I cannot change it, tried clicking it, deleting
it, right clicking it, makes no difference. I'm left with the current
server or the default neither of which I can change. Where can I change
this setting?

Newfdog

Nick Thomas

Newfdog wrote:
> hi all...... I'm trying to figure out how to change my SMTP server in
> thunderbird. I tried:
>
> click account settings
> click server settings
> click advanced
> click SMTP
>
> the server is listed but I cannot change it, tried clicking it, deleting
> it, right clicking it, makes no difference. I'm left with the current
> server or the default neither of which I can change. Where can I change
> this setting?
>
> Newfdog

Try
Account Settings
Outgoing Server (SMTP)

It's hidden at the bottem of the account list.

Newfdog

Nick Thomas wrote:
> Newfdog wrote:
>
>> hi all...... I'm trying to figure out how to change my SMTP server in
>> thunderbird. I tried:
>>
>> click account settings
>> click server settings
>> click advanced
>> click SMTP
>>
>> the server is listed but I cannot change it, tried clicking it,
>> deleting it, right clicking it, makes no difference. I'm left with the
>> current server or the default neither of which I can change. Where can
>> I change this setting?
>>
>> Newfdog

> Try
> Account Settings
> Outgoing Server (SMTP)
>
> It's hidden at the bottem of the account list.

Thanks Nick..... I did find it after.

Newfdog