Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trouble w sending email

Trouble w sending email

=?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

Hi,

Trying to send an email with .net from my home computer.

A very simple one...

***************************
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mail" %>
<script runat="server">

Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
SmtpMail.Send( _
"(E-Mail Removed)", _
"(E-Mail Removed)", _
"Testing mail", _
"Just sending a test message!")
End Sub

</script>
<head>
</head>
<form runat="server" ID="Form1">
<asp:Button id="Button1" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server"
Text="Button"></asp:Button>
</form>
**********************

I'm getting this error message

********************************
Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

Source Error:

Line 4:
Line 5: Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
Line 6: SmtpMail.Send( _
Line 7: "(E-Mail Removed)", _
Line 8: "(E-Mail Removed)", _

*********************************

I've checked that smtp services are on

What does "Sendusing" indicate?

Cheers.

Kenneth

Aidy

The problem might be cos you're not specifying the SMTP server to send
through.

"Kenneth P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Trying to send an email with .net from my home computer.
>
> A very simple one...
>
> ***************************
> <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mail" %>
> <script runat="server">
>
> Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
> SmtpMail.Send( _
> "(E-Mail Removed)", _
> "(E-Mail Removed)", _
> "Testing mail", _
> "Just sending a test message!")
> End Sub
>
> </script>
> <head>
> </head>
> <form runat="server" ID="Form1">
> <asp:Button id="Button1" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server"
> Text="Button"></asp:Button>
> </form>
>
> I'm getting this error message

> Configurationvalue "SendUsing" not valid.

about