Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem to Create a New .NET Project

Problem to Create a New .NET Project

=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

Hi there,
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my VS.NET? Recently I am trying to
create a new Web project by the VS.NET 2003 in the win2000 prof, however I
get a message say:"VS.NET has detect that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications."

I have done following to try to get rid this problem.
1) remove the framework 2.0 beta from Window "Add/remove programs" and
registry (I installed the framework 2.0 beta for trying before. Before I
installed it, my vs.net was working well. I'm not sure if the fw2.0 causes me
above problem or not?)
2) check if the ASP.NET State Service in Serviceis on or not? (yes, on);
3) reinstall the framework 1.1 by running "aspnet_regiis /i";

After I have done above solutions, the problem is still there. Dose anyone
know what is wrong, and how to solve it? Thank you so much in advance!
--
Colin

Juan T. Llibre

Try running aspnet_regiis -i

instead of running aspnet_regiis /i

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espa˝ol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"Colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my VS.NET? Recently I am trying to
> create a new Web project by the VS.NET 2003 in the win2000 prof, however I
> get a message say:"VS.NET has detect that the specified Web server is not
> running ASP.NET version1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
> applications."
>
> I have done following to try to get rid this problem.
> 1) remove the framework 2.0 beta from Window "Add/remove programs" and
> registry (I installed the framework 2.0 beta for trying before. Before I
> installed it, my vs.net was working well. I'm not sure if the fw2.0 causes me
> above problem or not?)
> 2) check if the ASP.NET State Service in Serviceis on or not? (yes, on);
> 3) reinstall the framework 1.1 by running "aspnet_regiis /i";
>
> After I have done above solutions, the problem is still there. Dose anyone
> know what is wrong, and how to solve it? Thank you so much in advance!
> --
> Colin

=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

Thank you Juan! I tried the -i, but the problem still there. afterI run the
aspnet_regiis -i (or /i) it tell me Finished installing ASP.NET(1.1.4322.0).
Itsames install is ok . Any another idea?

--
Colin

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Try running aspnet_regiis -i
>
> instead of running aspnet_regiis /i
>

> Juan T. Llibre
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://asp.net.do/foros/
> Foros de ASP.NET en Espa├▒ol
> Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
> ======================
>
> "Colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there,
> > Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my VS.NET? Recently I am trying to
> > create a new Web project by the VS.NET 2003 in the win2000 prof, however I
> > get a message say:"VS.NET has detect that the specified Web server is not
> > running ASP.NET version1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
> > applications."
> >
> > I have done following to try to get rid this problem.
> > 1) remove the framework 2.0 beta from Window "Add/remove programs" and
> > registry (I installed the framework 2.0 beta for trying before. Before I
> > installed it, my vs.net was working well. I'm not sure if the fw2.0 causes me
> > above problem or not?)
> > 2) check if the ASP.NET State Service in Serviceis on or not? (yes, on);
> > 3) reinstall the framework 1.1 by running "aspnet_regiis /i";
> >
> > After I have done above solutions, the problem is still there. Dose anyone
> > know what is wrong, and how to solve it? Thank you so much in advance!
> > --
> > Colin

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Colin.

In some cases it not only takes re-registering,
but also *first* un-registering and then re-registering.

Try, first, aspnet_regiis -u and *then* run aspnet_regiis -i.

Let us know whether that works.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
http://asp.net.do/foros/
Foros de ASP.NET en Espa˝ol
Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
======================

"Colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you Juan! I tried the -i, but the problem still there. afterI run the
> aspnet_regiis -i (or /i) it tell me Finished installing ASP.NET(1.1.4322.0).
> Itsames install is ok . Any another idea?
>
> --
> Colin
>

> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>
>> Try running aspnet_regiis -i
>>
>> instead of running aspnet_regiis /i
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> Foros de ASP.NET en Espa˝ol
>> Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
>> ======================
>>
>> "Colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi there,
>> > Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my VS.NET? Recently I am trying to
>> > create a new Web project by the VS.NET 2003 in the win2000 prof, however I
>> > get a message say:"VS.NET has detect that the specified Web server is not
>> > running ASP.NET version1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
>> > applications."
>> >
>> > I have done following to try to get rid this problem.
>> > 1) remove the framework 2.0 beta from Window "Add/remove programs" and
>> > registry (I installed the framework 2.0 beta for trying before. Before I
>> > installed it, my vs.net was working well. I'm not sure if the fw2.0 causes me
>> > above problem or not?)
>> > 2) check if the ASP.NET State Service in Serviceis on or not? (yes, on);
>> > 3) reinstall the framework 1.1 by running "aspnet_regiis /i";
>> >
>> > After I have done above solutions, the problem is still there. Dose anyone
>> > know what is wrong, and how to solve it? Thank you so much in advance!
>> > --
>> > Colin

=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

Hi Juan, I did the un-registering and then re-registering, but the problem
is still there.

Colin