Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Execution Timeout Problem

Re: Execution Timeout Problem

Mark G

Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a question about your second suggestion below, concerning the debug
attribute in web.config. You suggested setting it to "true". If it's set
to "true" (debug-true), isn't that setting the compilation to DEBUG? You
said "executeTimeout won't work correctly under debug compilation".

Thanks,

Mark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for Brock's good suggesitons.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> In addition to Brock's suggestion on make your serverside processing
> asynchronously so as to release the woker thread, regarding on the problem
> itself, I think you can still check the following things:
>
> 1. You can use the Server.ScriptTime property to also adjust the
> ScriptTimeout value in addition to the httpRuntime/@executeTimeout

setting,
> just to make sure all the worker thread level timeout has been adjusted
> correctly.
>
> 2. Please check the web.config file 's system.web/compilation/@debug
> attribute to see whether it is set to "true" or "false", if false, please
> change it to "true" since the "executeTimeout won't work correctly under
> debug compilation.
>
> In addition, you can also check whether you've apply any Timeout setting

at
> the database processing layer, such as the SqlCommand's IdleTimeout .
>
> Hope also helps. Thanks,
>
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft Online Support

> rights.)
> --------------------
> | From: "Mark G" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> | Subject: Re: Execution Timeout Problem
> | Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:51:25 -0500
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
> |
> | I guess I better get to work , I'll let you know how it turns out.
> |
> | Thanks for the info,
> |
> | Mark
> |

> | "Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> | > The browser really is the ultimate problem here, since it can choose

> | abandon
> | > the request. You don't have a lot of control over that...
> | >
> | > Re: fixing this ASAP: It really isn't a lot of work. I could imagine

it
> | getting
> | > done in one or two days.
> | >
> | > -Brock
> | > DevelopMentor
> | > http://staff.develop.com/ballen

able

control

allow

two

update

running

ThreadAborted

or

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your response Mark,

Oops... I'm afraid I've made a type mistake, what I want to say is we
should set debug to false so as to make the executeTimeout work currently.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Mark G" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: Re: Execution Timeout Problem
| Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:56:37 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Steven,
|
| Thanks for your reply.
|
| I have a question about your second suggestion below, concerning the debug
| attribute in web.config. You suggested setting it to "true". If it's set
| to "true" (debug-true), isn't that setting the compilation to DEBUG? You
| said "executeTimeout won't work correctly under debug compilation".
|
| Thanks,
|
| Mark
|

| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Thanks for Brock's good suggesitons.
| >
| > Hi Mark,
| >
| > In addition to Brock's suggestion on make your serverside processing
| > asynchronously so as to release the woker thread, regarding on the
problem
| > itself, I think you can still check the following things:
| >
| > 1. You can use the Server.ScriptTime property to also adjust the
| > ScriptTimeout value in addition to the httpRuntime/@executeTimeout
| setting,
| > just to make sure all the worker thread level timeout has been adjusted
| > correctly.
| >
| > 2. Please check the web.config file 's system.web/compilation/@debug
| > attribute to see whether it is set to "true" or "false", if false,
please
| > change it to "true" since the "executeTimeout won't work correctly
under
| > debug compilation.
| >
| > In addition, you can also check whether you've apply any Timeout setting
| at
| > the database processing layer, such as the SqlCommand's IdleTimeout .
| >
| > Hope also helps. Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Mark G" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| > | Subject: Re: Execution Timeout Problem
| > | Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:51:25 -0500
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | I guess I better get to work , I'll let you know how it turns out.
| > |
| > | Thanks for the info,
| > |
| > | Mark
| > |
| > |
| > | "Brock Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
| > | abandon

| it
| > | getting

| able
| control

| allow
| two

| update
| running

| ThreadAborted

| or

| > |
| > |
| > |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Mark,

How are you doing on this issue, is there any progress? If there're any
further things we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:46:19 GMT
| Subject: Re: Execution Timeout Problem
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks for your response Mark,
|
| Oops... I'm afraid I've made a type mistake, what I want to say is we
| should set debug to false so as to make the executeTimeout work
currently.
| Sorry for the inconvenience.
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
| --------------------
| | From: "Mark G" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| | Subject: Re: Execution Timeout Problem
| | Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:56:37 -0500
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Steven,
| |
| | Thanks for your reply.
| |
| | I have a question about your second suggestion below, concerning the
debug
| | attribute in web.config. You suggested setting it to "true". If it's
set
| | to "true" (debug-true), isn't that setting the compilation to DEBUG?
You
| | said "executeTimeout won't work correctly under debug compilation".
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Mark
| |
| |
| | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| | > Thanks for Brock's good suggesitons.
| | >
| | > Hi Mark,
| | >
| | > In addition to Brock's suggestion on make your serverside processing
| | > asynchronously so as to release the woker thread, regarding on the
| problem
| | > itself, I think you can still check the following things:
| | >
| | > 1. You can use the Server.ScriptTime property to also adjust the
| | > ScriptTimeout value in addition to the httpRuntime/@executeTimeout
| | setting,
| | > just to make sure all the worker thread level timeout has been
adjusted
| | > correctly.
| | >
| | > 2. Please check the web.config file 's system.web/compilation/@debug
| | > attribute to see whether it is set to "true" or "false", if false,
| please
| | > change it to "true" since the "executeTimeout won't work correctly
| under
| | > debug compilation.
| | >
| | > In addition, you can also check whether you've apply any Timeout
setting
| | at
| | > the database processing layer, such as the SqlCommand's IdleTimeout .
| | >
| | > Hope also helps. Thanks,
| | >
| | > Steven Cheng
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| | > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.)
| | > --------------------
out.
| | > |