Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Continue previous session in Firefox?

Continue previous session in Firefox?

Cueball

Greetings,

I recently switched over from Opera to Firefox, and I like it quite a bit. One thing that I found that I miss is the ability to
retain/continue the pages used in the previous session when Firefox is re-started. I'm one of those people who will keep several webpages
open with the intent of reading them later, and it would be great to recover them in case of a crash/reboot.

I don't see anything like that on Firefox now. If not, are there plans for such a feature in the future?
-Mark

Justin

Cueball wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:26:28 -0500]:
> Greetings,
>
> I recently switched over from Opera to Firefox, and I like it quite a bit. One thing that I found that I miss is the ability to
> retain/continue the pages used in the previous session when Firefox is re-started. I'm one of those people who will keep several webpages
> open with the intent of reading them later, and it would be great to recover them in case of a crash/reboot.
>
> I don't see anything like that on Firefox now. If not, are there plans for such a feature in the future?
> -Mark

You mean like Session Saver?

Install this plugin
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

It will do what you want.

Cueball

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:26:24 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>You mean like Session Saver?
>
>Install this plugin
>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166
>
>It will do what you want.

That just made my day. I officially have no reason to keep Opera around anymore.
-Mark

..brian..

Justin wrote:
[snip]
> Install this plugin
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

That's an extension, not a plugin.

Justin

...brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:

> Justin wrote:
> [snip]
>> Install this plugin
>> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

> That's an extension, not a plugin.

Yeah yeah.

Leonidas Jones

Justin wrote:
> ..brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:
>
>>Justin wrote:
>>[snip]
>>
>>>Install this plugin
>>>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

>>That's an extension, not a plugin.

> Yeah yeah.

No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
programs that are set up to work with Firefox.

Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.

Lee

Justin

Leonidas Jones wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:27:30 GMT]:
> Justin wrote:
>> ..brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:
>>
>>>Justin wrote:
>>>[snip]

>>>That's an extension, not a plugin.

>> Yeah yeah.

> No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
> to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
> programs that are set up to work with Firefox.
>
> Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.

I know... It just so happened I was talking about plugins with someone
as I was typing the response.

Leonidas Jones

Justin wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:27:30 GMT]:
>
>>Justin wrote:

>>>Yeah yeah.

>>No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
>>to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
>>programs that are set up to work with Firefox.
>>
>>Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.

> I know... It just so happened I was talking about plugins with someone
> as I was typing the response.

We've all done it!

Lee