Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to writexml website < -- > PC

How to writexml website < -- > PC

Tim Zych

I want to save a dataset from my asp.net website to my pc and then pc back
to website.

I have a Windows app that's gonna modify the dataset and upload changes to
the web database. Changes made to the web database will then be downloaded
to the PC, etc.

How do I transfer the data from the website to my desktop and then back
again? I'm assuming both are going to be XML files?

I'm new to dotnet so any pointers would be very helpful..

thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=

You can do that using an xml webservice. There are plenty of articles and
samples on the MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...Publishing.asp

--
Phillip Williams
http://www.societopia.net

"Tim Zych" wrote:

> I want to save a dataset from my asp.net website to my pc and then pc back
> to website.
>
> I have a Windows app that's gonna modify the dataset and upload changes to
> the web database. Changes made to the web database will then be downloaded
> to the PC, etc.
>
> How do I transfer the data from the website to my desktop and then back
> again? I'm assuming both are going to be XML files?
>
> I'm new to dotnet so any pointers would be very helpful..
>
> thanks.

Tim Zych

thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...