Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IHttpHandler Path

IHttpHandler Path

=?Utf-8?B?amFjbw==?=

I'm attempting to create my first HttpHandler but there seems to be a problem.

The handler works fine for the root directory and all sub directories.

That is.
http://localhost/handlerexample/
and
http://localhost/handlerexample/testdir

Works fine even if the directory does not exist.

My problem is with:
http://localhost/handlerexample

Note the / at the end is missing.

When I enter this path the application tries to do directory browsing.
and since this is not allocated in IIS for the Virtual a Security Exception
is raised.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks
Jaco Roux

Brock Allen

This is an aspect of IIS and you can't really get it work work unless you
write an ISAPI filter, which isn't a lot of fun.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> I'm attempting to create my first HttpHandler but there seems to be a
> problem.
>
> The handler works fine for the root directory and all sub directories.
>
> That is.
> http://localhost/handlerexample/
> and
> http://localhost/handlerexample/testdir
> Works fine even if the directory does not exist.
>
> My problem is with:
> http://localhost/handlerexample
> Note the / at the end is missing.
>
> When I enter this path the application tries to do directory browsing.
> and since this is not allocated in IIS for the Virtual a Security
> Exception
> is raised.
> How can I fix this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jaco Roux

Dirc Khan-Evans

jaco wrote:

> I'm attempting to create my first HttpHandler but there seems to be a
> problem.
>
> The handler works fine for the root directory and all sub directories.
>
> That is.
> http://localhost/handlerexample/
> and
> http://localhost/handlerexample/testdir
>
> Works fine even if the directory does not exist.
>
> My problem is with:
> http://localhost/handlerexample
>
> Note the / at the end is missing.
>
> When I enter this path the application tries to do directory browsing.
> and since this is not allocated in IIS for the Virtual a Security
> Exception is raised.
>
> How can I fix this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jaco Roux

Do you have a default document set and does it exist? I think (guess
would be more accurate..) the HttpHandler pipeline will only work with
a document.. either requested explicitly by the client or via the
serving of a default document. If there is no document to serve, then
standard http protocol would be used.. ie there is no default document
and you cannot browse.

Dirc

IHttpHandler Path Qbert ASP .Net 1 06-15-2005 07:40 PM
IHttpHandler - configuring IIS security Chris Hughes ASP .Net 0 12-12-2003 04:46 AM
How to implement : IHttpHandler on Windows server 2003 standard Jean CADEAU ASP .Net 1 11-30-2003 02:50 AM
Problems implementing IHttpHandler lapin ASP .Net 1 11-19-2003 04:46 PM
Null Session values in IHttpHandler lapin ASP .Net 0 11-18-2003 07:21 PM

Advertisments