Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > automatic reload

automatic reload

fh

hello!
I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
this code
Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");

it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
that will reload to the server
all the rest of the page has to stay static

if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?

is there any way around?

thanks

Franck

Curt_C [MVP]

fh wrote:
> hello!
> I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
> this code
> Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");
>
> it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
> that will reload to the server
> all the rest of the page has to stay static
>
> if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?
>
> is there any way around?
>
> thanks
>
> Franck

Nope...
You will have to have an Frame/iFrame or an ActiveX component on the
client.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

fh

Thank you for your response,
but it's not a control, isn it?

this is the frames that are created within a frameset?

Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
> Use an iframe.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ddvkdu$2os$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>hello!
>>I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
>>this code
>>Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");
>>
>>it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
>>that will reload to the server
>>all the rest of the page has to stay static
>>
>>if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?
>>
>>is there any way around?
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>Franck

fh

thanks for your help!
Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
> iframe is a frame that can be used as a regular html control in any place an
> the page, like a table cell or a panel. If you separate the part you want to
> reload into a separate page, you can put it into an iframe and make it
> reload. The rest of the page won't be affected.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ddvljm$3as$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Thank you for your response,
>>but it's not a control, isn it?
>>
>>this is the frames that are created within a frameset?
>>

>>Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
>>
>>>Use an iframe.
>>>
>>>Eliyahu
>>>
>>>"fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:ddvkdu$2os$(E-Mail Removed)...

Curt_C [MVP]

fh wrote:
> Thank you for your response,
> but it's not a control, isn it?
>
> this is the frames that are created within a frameset?
>

> Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
>
>> Use an iframe.
>>
>> Eliyahu

What s/he's getting at is that you cant do it with a control, only with
a "page".

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

Eliyahu Goldin

Use an iframe.

Eliyahu

"fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ddvkdu$2os$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello!
> I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
> this code
> Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");
>
> it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
> that will reload to the server
> all the rest of the page has to stay static
>
> if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?
>
> is there any way around?
>
> thanks
>
> Franck

Eliyahu Goldin

iframe is a frame that can be used as a regular html control in any place an
the page, like a table cell or a panel. If you separate the part you want to
reload into a separate page, you can put it into an iframe and make it
reload. The rest of the page won't be affected.

Eliyahu

"fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ddvljm$3as$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for your response,
> but it's not a control, isn it?
>
> this is the frames that are created within a frameset?
>

> Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
> > Use an iframe.
> >
> > Eliyahu
> >
> > "fh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:ddvkdu$2os$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>hello!
> >>I 've a found way to reload my page automatically every n seconde using
> >>this code
> >>Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "4");
> >>
> >>it works fine but I wish to do the same with only a part of my aspx page
> >>that will reload to the server
> >>all the rest of the page has to stay static
> >>
> >>if I use a web User control but it reload all the page?
> >>
> >>is there any way around?
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>
> >>Franck

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

may i know what is iframe? Is it a frameset control?