Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > New tabs in Firefox

New tabs in Firefox

David Roy

Hi all

In Mozilla 1.7.3 (the version I was using), you could set the browser
so that, when you opened a new tab, it would be the same page as was
on screen when you did it. I believe you could also set it so it
would always go to your home page when you opened a new tab.

I've recently decided to just go the Firefox route, and installed
1.0.1, and I can't find that function.

Now, whenever I open a new tab, it's just a blank page. I've checked
all the Options, and it doesn't appear to be there.

Does it not exist in Firefox?

Thanks.

Dave

Leonidas Jones

David Roy wrote:
> Hi all
>
> In Mozilla 1.7.3 (the version I was using), you could set the browser
> so that, when you opened a new tab, it would be the same page as was
> on screen when you did it. I believe you could also set it so it
> would always go to your home page when you opened a new tab.
>
> I've recently decided to just go the Firefox route, and installed
> 1.0.1, and I can't find that function.
>
> Now, whenever I open a new tab, it's just a blank page. I've checked
> all the Options, and it doesn't appear to be there.
>
> Does it not exist in Firefox?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave

You need extensions for this. Seems to me I remember one called Clone
Window:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...l=clone+window

Note that I have never used it.

For the other, there are a couple. Tabbed Browser Extensions will do it
as will Tab Mix:

http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en

This one I have used, with success. There may well be smaller extensions
that will accomplish the goal.

Lee

..brian..

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> David Roy wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > In Mozilla 1.7.3 (the version I was using), you could set the

browser
> > so that, when you opened a new tab, it would be the same page as

was
> > on screen when you did it. I believe you could also set it so it
> > would always go to your home page when you opened a new tab.
> >
> > I've recently decided to just go the Firefox route, and installed
> > 1.0.1, and I can't find that function.
> >
> > Now, whenever I open a new tab, it's just a blank page. I've

checked
> > all the Options, and it doesn't appear to be there.
> >
> > Does it not exist in Firefox?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dave

> You need extensions for this. Seems to me I remember one called

Clone
> Window:
>
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index...l=clone+window
>
> Note that I have never used it.
>
> For the other, there are a couple. Tabbed Browser Extensions will do

it
> as will Tab Mix:
>
> http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en
>
> This one I have used, with success. There may well be smaller

extensions
> that will accomplish the goal.
>
> Lee

Clone Windows has the following options: default, home page, blank,
cloned; with seperate settings for windows and tabs.

David Roy

Thanks, guys! Clone Windows works great!!!

Dave