Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > import Excel-sheet in SQL server through asp.net webpage

import Excel-sheet in SQL server through asp.net webpage

nicholas

What would be the best and easiest way to implement a web page that allows
me to:

- import an Ms Excel-sheet in a database on a Ms Sql 2000 Server
- this should be done through an asp.net webpage
- I should be able to update or add records

thx 4 advice

Nic

Clint Hill

Heres an idea:

Set up a folder that both the web app and SQL server can get to.
Do a simple file upload from the web app
Set up a DTS package to periodically check the folder to do an import
-or-
Set up a DTS package that will do the import and call it from a Stored
Proc after the web app does the upload

Clint Hill
H3O Software
http://www.h3osoftware.com

nicholas wrote:
> What would be the best and easiest way to implement a web page that allows
> me to:
>
> - import an Ms Excel-sheet in a database on a Ms Sql 2000 Server
> - this should be done through an asp.net webpage
> - I should be able to update or add records
>
> thx 4 advice
>
> Nic

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/technolo...ages/1080.aspx

Here are some other articles that may help as well:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"nicholas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would be the best and easiest way to implement a web page that allows
> me to:
>
> - import an Ms Excel-sheet in a database on a Ms Sql 2000 Server
> - this should be done through an asp.net webpage
> - I should be able to update or add records
>
> thx 4 advice
>
> Nic

nicholas

Thanks a lot, both of you, for help !