Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox surpasses IE

Firefox surpasses IE

..brian..

Barney wrote:
> Mark Landreville <(E-Mail Removed)> had
> writtennewsan.2005.03.18.05.21.20.16232@yahoonos pam.com:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:11:47 +0000, Barney wrote:
> >

> >> The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
> >> has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
> >> already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.

> > Actually, I downloaded my first version of Mozilla using Netscape
> > 4.7. I have never used IE on my home computer for web browsing,
> > only for updates
> >
> > Mark

> How did you get Mozilla? I got Netscape on a floppy years ago for
> W95. When I got the new computer with WXP I used MIE for Mozilla. No
> floppy drive!

You could have FTPed to Mozilla and grabbed it -- No IE required
--
Brian

Barney

"..brian.." <(E-Mail Removed)> had
writtennews:(E-Mail Removed) oglegroups.com:

> You could have FTPed to Mozilla and grabbed it -- No IE required

Just as easy with a browser and the one built in. On dial up, it's only
time.

--
Barney __________________________
Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

Leonidas Jones

Barney wrote:
> Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> had
> writtennews:g2k_d.146069$(E-Mail Removed)
> :

>>>The Fox is good but dosen't come with windows. Most anyone who
>>>has windows and updates, will have the newest version of MIE
>>>already. Most probably, MIE is used to download FF.
>>>

>>The first time, sure it is. What's your point?
>>
>>Lee

> Downloading FF is to be expected because it wasn't on the computer to
> start with. Less will download MIE if they already have it. Who is
> downloading MIE?

I understand the basics of that, IE downloads are pretty much restricted
to those who have older versions on Windows installed, or those who need
to correct a serious problem.

You're trying to make a point here, but I just don't see what it is?

Lee

Barney

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> had
writtennews:irL%d.433187$(E-Mail Removed)
t:

> I understand the basics of that, IE downloads are pretty much
> restricted to those who have older versions on Windows installed,
> or those who need to correct a serious problem.
>
> You're trying to make a point here, but I just don't see what it
> is?
>
> Lee

There would be more FF registered if MIE was not there by default.
Windows has to have a browser, for most to get on the internet. Most
new computers are sold to those who haven't been on the internet
before and hence are afraid to try a different browser. The ratio is
surprising that in comparison to MIE, FF is actualy doing better.
It's a browser people must seek out and download. How many would
download MIE, if it wasn't the browser shipped with windows?