Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problems Listening To WCBS Radio

Problems Listening To WCBS Radio

CNDA

Folks, everytime I attempt to listen to this or other stations at this
address:

https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam

a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
FF at:

http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

"Page not found"

However, if you Google "Active X", one of the choices is:

http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

There's a caveat there about downloading the wrong plugin.

What gives?

I'm running the latest update of this wonderful browser.

CÚsar

Roland

On 15-3-2005 8:48, CNDA wrote:

> Folks, everytime I attempt to listen to this or other stations at this
> address:
>
> https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam
>
> a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
> FF at:
>
> http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html
>
> "Page not found"
>
> However, if you Google "Active X", one of the choices is:
>
> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
>
> There's a caveat there about downloading the wrong plugin.
>
> What gives?
>
> I'm running the latest update of this wonderful browser.
>
> CÚsar

In FF1.0.1, I have installed the ActiveX plugin (mozactivex-ff-10.xpi
for FF1.0 from <http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download>).

At first <https://www.radiomat.com/radiomat_player.php?aff=wcbsam>
didn't play, but going to the home page <https://www.radiomat.com/> and
after registering, I could listen to WCBSAM.
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___

CNDA wrote:
> a dialog box pops up requesting that I download an Active X plugin for
> FF at:
> http://plugingdoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

Active X is a huge hole in any browser.

If you really want to listen to that station, why not use IE (which
already has the Active X hole in it) to listen?